Membership Eligibility Requirements
3.3. Qualifications of Associate Members - Any individual, partnership, firm, corporation, or other business or legal entity engaged in the manufacture of security hardware which are presently being distributed by wholesale distributors of security hardware, is eligible to become an Associate Member of the Association under such terms and conditions herein set forth or as may be determined by the Board of Directors.
If in good standing, Associate Members shall be entitled to attend all meetings and trade shows of the Association, to receive all regular reports, publications and releases of the Association, and to enjoy such other privileges of the Association as may be determined from time to time by the Board of Directors. Associate Members may not hold office or vote at meetings of the Association.
In determining whether an applicant for Associate Membership is engaged in the manufacture of locksmith supplies, the Board of Directors shall consider the following:
- The applicant originates or introduces a product into the marketplace;
- The applicant takes title to security products and takes inventory risk;
- The applicant has the legal right to control the brand name or trademark under which security products are sold and distributed in the United States;
- The applicant must be the actual manufacturer of the product or the importer of record;
- The applicant must carry adequate product liability insurance or demonstrate the financial ability to selfinsure;
- The applicant must demonstrate its commitment to a wholesale distribution process that includes distributors of security products.
The Association may require applicants for Associate Membership to provide satisfactory evidence that they are engaged in the manufacture of locksmith supplies. Such evidence shall be afforded confidential treatment. Rejected applicants shall be provided with an opportunity for an informal hearing.